Hi and welcome to our latest and most advanced online course 'Shiatsu the Scientific Basis'. This highly practical course will allow you to:
- Understand the latest scientific explanations of how Shiatsu works from biology, bio-physics, socio-biology and neuroscience
- Explore new advanced Shiatsu techniques, and deepen your traditional techniques - inspired by the latest science and research understandings
- Be able to explain to your clients the processes of Shiatsu diagnosis and treatment using easy to understand language
This online course consists of 8 modules that include:
- Module One: Fields and Interaction The Bio-magnetic Fields and induction - the frequencies of the fields and application in Shiatsu touch
- Module Two: Pressure and connection the piezo Electric effect and compression in the connective tissue applied to channels and points
- Module Three: Channels and Points the science of the channels, tsubos and points as part of facial pathways - how to locate and maximise your connection with the channel system
- Module Four: Tensegrity, structure and form - how the body works as a tensegrity system - understanding the effect of gravity and structure on Shiatsu diagnosis and treatment
- Module Five: Metaphor and meaning in Shiatsu how to connect your Ki perception with the metaphors of TCM to focus your treatment for your client
- Module Six: Quantum coherence and connections advanced concepts of phase resonance in the field - we explore local and global perception in Shiatsu diagnosis
- Module Seven: Evidence of Shiatsu’s effectiveness from research and meta studies - what conditions has Shiatsu been shown to be effective in treating?
- Bonus Module: Resources provides links to resources for further study and reference to extend you knowledge and skills
The course has been inspired by the work of James Oschman, Dan Keown, Emilio Del Guidice, Cindy Engel, Patrizia Stefanini, Mae Wan Ho and Andrea Kleinau.
In this video Basti talks to Shakura about how this creating this course has transformed her work.
Would you like to know how the course works? Would you like to
- Be able to study advanced Shiatsu techniques with international teachers and our team when and where you choose?
- Access high quality video and audio resources anywhere, on your phone, tablet or laptop - in your own home or Shiatsu practice?
- Be part of an active international community of Shiatsu practitioners and teachers, now over 500 enrolments on our online courses and its growing every month - having fun, developing and sharing their work?
- Have life-time access to the resources and free upgrades as we develop the course?
- Check out the Free Trail and find out how easy it is to join in and be part of the course. No technical computer skills needed. If you can read this you know everything you need to make the most of the course!
Please check out the FAQ section below.
Refunds - no risk enrolment
Our students love their online courses. But if you are not 100% happy with the course within the first 30 days after enrolment, we will give you an unconditional full refund - no question. So there is no financial risk in enrolling.
The course is presented by us - the newenergywork.com Scientific Basis team.
We are Cliff Andrews, Dinah John, Shakura Meddings, Basti Deans and Cat Westwood. All of us have helped to create the resources and we all take part supporting you on the Forums.
The course is also supported with webinar input, and resources from Dr Cindy Engel, Dr Dan Keown, Dr Patrizia Stefanini and Dr Andrea Kleinau.
Please check out just some of the reviews we have had from participants of a recent online course:
"Gosh...there is a lot here! This course really should be mandatory for Shiatsu students near graduation. Thanks for all your experience and hard work"
"I have found this course invaluable. It has helped me kick off a much more positive wave of Ki. This course has been very supportive and helped my confidence. Thank you."
xxx Ceri Dry
“Had I really asked for a ‘transformative experience’ from an online course? Yes I had….and amazingly that’s what I got! all the feedback from tutors has been unfailingly supportive."
"This course has given me much more than I expected. Besides all the technical information. it has once again reminded me what a wonderful community we are in."
"I found the materials really useful and practical and eye opening at the same time. I am sure I will refer back to them as I develop my practice."
"Thank you to all for the great positive energy and for all the new ideas."
love Adeline Kuiken
"Thank you very much, everyone! what I liked best was the input that I got from my peers. I learned a lot and got some very valuable insights thanks to you all."
Q: When does the course start?
A: It starts as soon as you enrol.
Q: How long is the course?
A: The course is dripped to you over 8 weeks, one Module a week. However you have lifetime access so you can take as long as is convenient to finish the course.
Q: Will I be studying on my own?
A: No - not at all. We have over 550 online students and many will be enrolling and participating on the course. The forums are active and we have 5 of us on the team to support you. On the forums you will meet therapist from all over the world actively working on their practice and sharing ideas.
Q: Is the information practical?
A: Absolutely! - each Module has a mixture of short video clips, worksheets, meditations, Energy-work exercises and handouts to print out. Each module has a quiz to help you remember the material and a forum where you can get support and network with the other participants.
Q: When does the course end?
A: How about - never! We give you lifetime access so after the 8 weeks you have access to the course forever. You can self-pace the course and revisit it at any time in the future. We also give you free access to any course revisions or upgrades in the future.
Q: I have never taken an online course before is it difficult to follow?
No - it is very easy. Our course is video led, in small bite size pieces, with a focus on creative, imaginative and fun activities. We want you to enjoy the experience of deepening your Shiatsu practice - Check out the Free Trial if you would like to look around before you enrol.
Q: What if I don't like the course?
A: If after 30 days you decide the course is not for you we will give you a no questions asked full refund. So there is no financial risk in enrolling
Q: I am not very good at computers - do I need technical skills?
A: If you can read this you will be able to do the course! Our platform is super easy to use and if you can visit a website or type a post - you will have no problems
Q: Do you give support if I lose my password or have problems with accessing the course?
A: Yes we do. Our support team are with you every step of the way, and we typically reply within a few hours and normally within one to two working day to sort out any issues you might have.
Q: Is it a lot of work to do?
A: There is as much "work "- or we prefer to call it "creative fun" - on the course as you need to develop your practice. The course takes about 45 hours to complete - but you will need to add time to try out the techniques on your clients.
Q: Do I get a certificate for CE /CPD credits?
A: Yes. We provide a 45 hour notional hours Certificate upon completion of the course. We have a special course design document for you to present to your governing body to claim your hours. NB Please note that exact CE/CPD requirements do vary by country.
Q: How do I pay for the course? is the payment secure?
A: Payment is by credit or debit card or via Paypal. Our payments are handled by Stripe which is the world's biggest and most secure payment gateway. If you do not have a debit or credit card or a paypal account please contact us for alternative payment methods.
Cliff and the team are always here to help support you with any aspect of the course.